At this time of year, you may think you’ve made every zucchini recipe in existence. Well, luckily for us, zucchini is an extremely versatile vegetable. It’s great on pasta, tacos, salads, and even some cakes! You can grill it, bake it, fry it and even eat it raw. In this article, discover 3 recipe ideas with zucchini that are easy to prepare and perfect for fall!
Have fun reading all 3 recipe ideas with easy and healthy zucchini!
Enjoy your zucchini year-round, whether as a main fall dish or as a side dish in the oven! These recipes are easy, healthy, quick and more – there’s something for everyone!
Zucchini Recipe: Pasta with Zucchini and Tomatoes
Zucchini Tomato Pasta is a healthy 20-minute pasta dinner that will be a staple on your fall menu! Tender and juicy zucchini and young tomatoes combine with fresh garlic, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese to create a delicious sauce. This is one of the best and easiest vegetarian pasta recipes!
– Pasta. Whole wheat fusilli or rotini. Penne pasta and farfalle are also excellent choices.
– 1 kg zucchini, cut into small pieces. They do not need to be peeled. You can use a variety of green and yellow zucchini for more originality.
– Cut the cherry or grape tomatoes in half (to extract the juice that will serve as the base of the sauce).
– Finely chopped basil or parsley
– Minced garlic
– Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
– Olive oil, salt and pepper. The oil will be used to fry the vegetables and once mixed, bring everything together at the end. Salt and pepper are the final touches that complete this delicious seasonal dish.
1. Cut the vegetables into equal sized pieces.
2. Cook the vegetables and pasta at the same time. Boil the water for the pasta and start cooking the vegetables at the same time. Zucchini should be cooked quickly over medium to high heat to keep it firm. Set the courgettes aside, then cook the tomatoes in a pan, adding the garlic for the last minute.
3. Add fresh basil and cheese at the end and season with salt, pepper, herbs and freshly grated parmesan. Add fresh basil or parsley at the end so they don’t cook with the rest of the dish.
Recipe with Zucchini: Tomato, Aubergine and Zucchini in the Oven with Garlic and Parmesan
Tomato, Eggplant, and Zucchini Bake with Garlic and Parmesan Cheese is a great and easy way to use up leftover summer veggies!
– 3 medium sized courgettes (about 1.5 kg)
– 1 medium eggplant is about 1.5 kg
– 500 grams of cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes
– 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
– 4 garlic cloves
– 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Lightly grease a deep baking dish or casserole dish with cooking spray.
2. Quarter the zucchini, then cut into half-inch slices and place in a large bowl (each zucchini should measure about 1.5 to 2.5 cm). Then cut the eggplant into rings, stack the rings and cut them. and cut them into pieces. Add them to the bowl with the zucchini. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and add to the bowl. Drizzle chopped vegetables with olive oil, then add garlic, salt, pepper, 1/3 cup Parmesan, and half the basil and parsley. Mix gently to combine.
3. Transfer vegetables to prepared baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, covering the dish with aluminum foil, then continue baking for another 10 to 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender. Serve hot sprinkled with remaining Parmesan, basil and parsley.
Recipe with potatoes with zucchini in the oven
– 2 medium zucchini, quartered and cut into large pieces
– 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
– 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
– 1 clove of garlic, chopped
– ½ cup dry breadcrumbs
– ¼ cup olive oil
– Paprika to taste
– Black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cut all the vegetables into large pieces.
3. In a medium baking dish, combine zucchini, potatoes, pepper, garlic, breadcrumbs and olive oil. Season to taste with paprika, salt and pepper.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for one hour, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are soft and lightly browned.