The more we grow (not to say, age), the more we need and want to find the sweetness that reminds us of our sweet childhood. We like to recall warm memories that make us feel good. We are nostalgic for the days when all we cared about was finishing our homework to go play outside after school. We wait for our parent to call us over for dinner and we see in amazement chicken nuggets on our plate. Simple and oh so comforting, these finger foods evoke everything beautiful about childhood. Recklessness, gluttony and the pursuit of simplicity. Today, when we are behind the stove, there are times when we want to allow ourselves that little guilty pleasure of remaking children’s recipes. And chicken nuggets are just what we need. Homemade, you can eat them endlessly and without hunger, with friends, in front of the TV or for lunch. And to tickle our taste buds, we can always count Cyril Linjac and his recipes. For a culinary journey back in time to the country of our childhood, here is the recipe for chicken nuggets by Cyril Lignac. Accompanied by homemade BBQ sauce, this recipe has everything to make it your new must-have!
Cyril Linjac’s recipe for chicken nuggets:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 4 chicken breasts
- 100g of flour
- 3 proteins
- 100 g of mashed potatoes in flakes
- 4 Bintje potatoes
- red pepper powder
- ¼ shredded or finely chopped white cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 spring onion, washed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juice
- 50 g of homemade mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 150 g of ketchup
- 150 g of water
- 60 g of brown sugar
- 30 g of white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 onion, peeled and pureed
- 2 g red tabasco
- sunflower oil / olive oil
- fine salt and ground black pepper
- In a casserole with a lid, pour all the ingredients for the barbecue sauce: ketchup, water, sugar, vinegar, mashed onion, season with salt and add a little red tabasco.
- Cover ¾ and cook over medium heat for at least 30 minutes to reduce the mixture.
- In a salad bowl, mix mayonnaise with wine vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, one tablespoon of olive oil, add white cabbage, grated carrot and onion, season with salt and ground black pepper. Store the coleslaw in the refrigerator.
- Heat the fryer to 190°C.
- Cut the potatoes into chips using a mandoline (or a vegetable peeler if you don’t have one), rinse them in clean, cold water and place them in a clean towel.
- Dip the chips into the hot oil one at a time so they don’t stick.
- When they are golden, remove them with a slotted spoon and place them on a sheet of paper. Season with salt and sprinkle with a little red pepper.
- Set the fryer aside, warm.
- Pour the flour into a plate. In a second plate, pour the egg whites.
- In a third plate, pour the flakes of muslin puree with the breadcrumbs.
- Cut the chicken pieces and them. Coat them in the flour, then in the egg whites and finally in the mixture of flakes and breadcrumbs.
- Dip the bites in the deep fryer until colored, then drain on a sheet of paper towel. Salt.
- Serve the chicken nuggets with the chips, BBQ sauce and coleslaw in a separate bowl.
And for more regressive recipes from Cyril Lignac, it’s here.