Potatoes have a bad reputation among many people who want to lose weight. But we are here to deny it. However, did you know that potatoes are full of fiber? Fiber is essential for weight loss because it keeps you full. So, after eating a delicious and juicy baked potato, you won’t want to snack constantly throughout the day. In fact they are not your enemy! So, in that case, why not make an exceptionally delicious and easy potato pie? And for sweets? Why else, but sweet? Keep scrolling to discover our super comforting and sweet fall recipes!
Davita Recipe: Aloo Pitha
Want a real potato cake? Do you need a simple recipe for an evening with friends or a relaxing Saturday? Well, we have the perfect meal for you!
We love potatoes here at the DeaVita office and we even go crazy because Amélie brings us big meals of potatoes every few days. And it’s so thin, you can put it in your pocket! How does this girl eat potatoes every day without gaining weight? But I digress… So, naturally, we all talk about her food, especially her mouth-watering rosti, and then we start talking about our favorite recipes. And I remember when I was little, my grandmother made the best potato cakes. The sweet, savory aroma and crispy exterior of a tender potato that crunches in your mouth and fills it with unbelievably delicious flavor… there’s nothing like it! Yes, potatoes are the Madeline of my life. Call me Proust if you want!
So today I’m here to share with you my lovely Grandma Elisa’s recipe and then request you to check out our delicious Sweet Potato Cake recipe. Does it interest you? Okay, let’s go!
Fruit comfort food: crisp and delicious
Here is the potato pita recipe Farmer! Whenever I was young and feeling down, my great-grandmother, knowing the foodie I was and still am, used to cook me this comfort food. And you know what? The love she put into this warm, comforting dish filled not only my stomach but also my heart with joy. Food is a form of therapy when consumed in healthy amounts. And now I want to start the session and cook you. Make this dish at home for your loved ones. Bring food to the office and feel more comfortable in a cooler environment. All in all, it’s easy and delicious!
- 5 medium baking potatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 40 grams of butter
- A drop of olive oil
- Test for salt and pepper
- First, you need to wash and peel the potatoes well. Although my mom cuts them by hand (and it’s heavy work!), I highly recommend using a mandolin, as you’ll be done in no time. Place them in a bowl of water to remove excess starch.
- Next, melt the butter in a large pan over low heat and fry the garlic cloves for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the peeled potatoes from the bowl of water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl and pour some garlic butter over them. Leave the rest for later! Then season generously with salt and pepper and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Add oil to the pan and heat it. Remove the pan from the heat and add the spiralized potatoes. In fact, the potatoes on the bottom of the pan will be on top of the cake. Once all the slices are in the pan, press them down like a cake.
- Then, keep the pan on low heat and cover with a lid for about 15 minutes after adding the rest of the butter. Occasionally remove the moisture accumulated on the lid so that the potatoes become crispy during cooking.
- Finally, lift the edges of the cake and check that it has browned. Potatoes should be fork tender. Invert the cake onto a large plate, cut and enjoy! Yum!
Need a light dessert after a heavy meal? Try the sweet potato cake!