Have you invited people over and decided to cook a delicious chicken basque? What a great idea! You’ve come to the right place because we have the traditional basque chicken recipe that is delicious and super easy to make! But… You need a suitable appetizer and dessert to go perfectly with the main course! What to do ? That’s where we come in! Stay tuned to find out how to prepare the perfect three-course meal and wow your guests!
A quick and delicious recipe for basque chicken + appetizer and dessert
If you follow a healthy diet, you can easily follow the chicken with basque and cocotte recipe and have fun with no regrets! This dish contains fiber and vitamins and is generally rich in nutrients. Yes, the recipe contains wine, but did you know that drinking a glass of wine a day lowers cholesterol levels? But we digress… This dish has become a staple of French cuisine and is as delicious as it is healthy! Plus, it comes together in less than an hour and you probably already have all the ingredients at home! Now let’s move on to appetizer, main course and dessert!
Which chicken basque appetizer?
Although it is a healthy dish, you should not overload your stomach. Before you follow the chicken basque recipe, you need a little tasty appetizer! Why not opt for a light appetizer that will somewhat dampen the fire of hunger in your belly? For example, to prepare an appetizer with avocado or an extremely tasty and appetizing salad for weight loss? Or, if you are a big eater, we suggest you turn the evening or lunch into a real nightmare! How about fried Camembert or garlic baguette? Accompany your appetizer with a glass of white wine to cool off during the last hot days of summer, or a simple cocktail if you don’t drink alcohol. Make the transition remarkable!
Basque chicken according to a traditional recipe
Basque Chicken Recipe:
- Chicken (cut into pieces)
- 900 g of tomatoes (can also be canned)
- 600 g of peppers
- Espelette pepper
- 3 chopped onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bouquet garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 25 cl of white wine
- 7-8 tbsp. olive oil
- First, prepare your ingredients. Cut them and keep them aside.
- Pour a little olive oil into a casserole and fry the onion. Then add the peppers, chili and garlic. Let them soften.
- Once soft, add the tomatoes to the rest of the vegetables. You can also add packets of tomatoes if you like. Salt and pepper to taste and then let everything cook for about 20 minutes.
- For the chicken (salted and peppered), grease a pan and fry it.
- Once golden, add the chicken to the vegetables with a bouquet garni and the white wine and cover the casserole. Let everything cook for 40 minutes.
- You can serve with rice or couscous, at your discretion. Have a nice lunch!
Dessert: Apple Crumble Recipe
What better way to finish off a basque chicken recipe than with basque pie? It sounds perfect, but in reality, you’ll be more full than an American Thanksgiving turkey! So what should we prepare to end the evening in style? Autumn is coming and soon it will be time to harvest the apples! So why not follow our delicious apple crumble recipe? But first, what are the best apples for making crumble? Golden and Pink Lady are favorites thanks to their divinely sweet taste!
- 3 golden apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons golden powdered sugar
For the crumble:
- 180 g plain flour
- 115 g of cold butter
- 115 g golden powdered sugar
- First, preheat the oven to 185C.
- Put the sliced Golden apples with 2 tablespoons of golden icing sugar in a 25 cm round baking dish. Level it with your hand to prevent too many crumbs from falling.
- Put 180g of plain flour and 115g of golden icing sugar in a bowl with a good pinch of salt.
- Stir in 110g of cold butter and rub with your fingertips until the mixture resembles moist breadcrumbs. Shake the bowl and the large pieces will float to the surface – scrub them off.
- Pour the breadcrumb mixture over the apples to form a mound in the center, then flatten.
- Gently press the surface with the back of a fork so that the crumble sticks together and becomes crispy.
- Place them on a baking sheet and place them in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the apples are very soft to the touch when you insert a small sharp knife into them. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.