Very active on social networks, chef Alexia Duchêne offered her subscribers pizza recipes for a whole week. Its four cheeses, unlike any other, had us drooling. We’re giving you his instructions for closing out this pizza week!
Chef Alexia Duchêne is very busy. When he’s not working on his podcasts The back of the platemade with brut, She organizes Pizza Week on your Instagram account. Top Chef season 10 semi-finalist shares her homemade pizza dough recipe. For garnish, features a sweet ingredient: fig jam. We really want to imitate it because the mixture of cheese, walnuts and figs is downright delicious. Figs can be eaten in both sweet and savory dishes and pair perfectly with nuts. So without hesitation, we imitate the young chef. And if you don’t have time to make your own pizza dough, buy raw bread dough from your baker. Also works great!
1- Alexia Duchesne’s Four Cheese Pizza Recipe
For the dough:
- 1 kg of flour 00
- 650 g of lukewarm water
- 10 g dry yeast
- 20 g of salt
- 30 g of extra virgin olive oil
- Make your pizza dough by mixing all ingredients in a large salad bowl. Work them with your hands for about ten minutes.
- Arrange the dough in an oiled pan covered with a damp cloth and let it ferment, in the fridge, for 48 hours (24 hours if you’re in a hurry!).
- Then let your dough rest for an hour at room temperature before cutting out your dough pieces, that is balls of dough that you place on a floured work surface. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise for two hours at room temperature.
- Roll out the dough on your work surface to shape your pizza.
- Spread your four cheeses evenly and teaspoons of fig jam.
- Place a pizza stone in your still cold oven and let it heat up for 30 minutes at maximum temperature, with rotating heat. Then bake your pizza on the stone for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add the walnuts and basil leaves. Pepper and enjoy!
And one last little trick you should get pizza with a crispy crust: spread it during step 4 in semolina, Italian durum wheat semolina instead of regular wheat flour.