Who said roast chicken should only be cooked in the oven? Certainly not Courteney Cox! On her Instagram profile, the American actress posted a video of herself stuffing her chicken bathed in a very special mixture… We reveal her production secrets!
There is nothing sweeter thannice roast chicken! Traditionally baked with a little butter, herbs and garlic, this is the Sunday meal we love to share with the family. Courteney Cox, she prefers to revise it her way! On her Instagram account, the queen of stoves has indeed shared a video in which first we see her coloring her chicken in a casserole: a technique that the youngest chef in France, Iulia Sedefjian, has already recommended to us, because it allows us to get a very crispy chicken! Once colored, Courtney coats her chicken in a flavorful and bold mixture, before putting it in the oven. If this recipe makes your mouth water, here’s how to make it… and it’s super easy, promise!
Courteney Cox’s Milk Chicken, inspired by Jamie Olivier’s recipe
- 1 whole free-range chicken
- coarse salt
- ½ stick of unsalted butter
- Olive oil
- ½ stick of cinnamon
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 10 unpeeled garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Season The chicken with a little coarse salt and pepper.
- Fry it in a casserole with the butter and a drizzle of olive oil, turning it regularly to get even coloring.
- Keep the chicken on a plate, the time to empty the oil and butter from the pan.
- Put the chicken back in the casserole with the milk and the remaining ingredients and cook in the oven for 1 hour and 30 minutes, basting regularly with the cooking juices. “The acidity of the lemon will curdle the milk, resulting in a really tasty sauce”says the American actress.
Courtney’s tip for tasting? Serve the chicken with soured whey, wilted spinach or greens, and mashed potatoes. Delicious!